Think about these sayings:
1) Being in the wrong place at the wrong time
2) Being in the wrong place at the right time
3) Being in the right place at the right time
4) Being in the right place at the wrong time
I have found myself to be in all four of these circumstances during various stages of my life. I’ve met people just at the right time and have been in places just at the right time. I’ve also met people at the wrong time in life and have been in places where I should never have been.
- The wrong place at the wrong time could be like being somewhere you should not have been and the timing was all wrong.
- The wrong place at the right time could mean you just got lost and yet you got lucky.
- Being in the right place at the right time could possibly be the perfect harmony between our intent and the outcome.
- Being in the right place at the wrong time could mean that you were following directions properly but possibly landed in disaster.
Hebrews 11:4-38, known as the Faith Hall of Fame, shows us many examples of people being in any one of these scenarios. Able, Enoch, Moses, Noah, Abraham, Sara, Rahab, Joseph and many more were trying to be in the venue of God’s choosing. They were afflicted and yet endured. And, through all of it, they were placed exactly where they were called to be; the dwelling of God’s choice.
Sometimes we get a little lost along the way and find ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time but by the grace of God, we are removed from that spot and planted into the locality of God’s choosing.
How do we know if our current premises is right or wrong? All we have to do is have a little faith, faith of a mustard seed (Luke 17:6) knowing we’re under God’s guidance and love.
How about you? Where are you right now? Are you in the right place at the right time? If so, how did you get there? Please share. If not, how do you think you can make changes in order to be there? Let’s talk about this today and tomorrow as I am the host on Livingbygrace.